SMX (Search Marketing Expo) is coming back to London. SMX is programmed by the search marketing authorities who edit the leading news site, Search Engine Land – Danny Sullivan and Chris Sherman, who have decades of experience educating search marketers. Last year 500 people joined SMX London and we are convinced that 2016 will be significantly bigger!
The programme will be finalised in January. To give you an idea what to expect, here is some information about the key features.
A better question is “what isn’t new?” Google and Bing continue to roll out significant algorithm changes. Google made more than 600 changes to its core algorithm last year – that’s almost two changes per day! SMX London panels will explore all the new SEO developments, with speakers who have dug deep and understand not only what the changes are, but how to adapt optimization techniques to the new realities. Some of the key trends you’ll hear about include:
- The Latest In Advanced Technical SEO
- Surviving Algorithm Updates
- Inside Google’s New RankBrain Machine Learning System
- Coping with Link or Content Penalties
- The New Rules of Content Marketing
Paid search advertisers have plenty to keep up with too – new ad formats, extensions, more sophisticated options for remarketing and retargeting, enhanced automation tools… to name just a few. SMX London paid search sessions cover the fundamentals like creating, testing and optimizing paid search ads, and dive deep into advanced topics
like bidding strategies and bid modifiers. We’ll also tackle some thorny SEM issues including:
- Advanced Audience Targeting & Remarketing
- New Trends in Conversion and Attribution
- Getting Creative With Ad Copy & Testing
- How Dynamic Ads Can Supercharge Your SEM Campaigns
- Optimizing The Paid Search Conversion Funnel
- Mastering AdWords Scripts
The internet marketing landscape involves much more than SEO and SEM. Marketers increasingly integrate search with social, local and mobile campaigns. We’ll explore the intersections, and provide insights into maximizing the impact of your efforts, often in creative and fresh ways not considered by your competitors. SMX London will explore these and other topics that are becoming more crucial to successful internet marketing campaigns:
- The Social Ad Landscape
- Marketing on YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest & Instagram
- Integrating Search with Other Marketing Channels
- New opportunities for local businesses
- Mobile Marketing Dos and Don’ts
If you’re new to search marketing, our SMX Boot Camp will get you up to speed. It happens on the first day of the show, Wednesday 17th May. Attend and you’ll learn the fundamentals in these sessions:
- Keyword Research & Copywriting For Search Success
- Link Building Fundamentals
- Paid Search Fundamentals
- Search Engine Friendly Web Design
In creating SMX shows, we begin by asking for input from the community. We distill the best concepts and combine them with our own ideas about the hot topics to create an agenda. Then we ask people to tell us why they should speak.
It’s no exaggeration that every single session will showcase the knowledge and insights of subject matter experts who have pushed the envelope with new approaches (and learned valuable lessons) they’ll share from their own successful search marketing campaigns.
You’ll hear in-depth, TED-style solo sessions during the Spotlight track from hand-selected thought leaders in online marketing. You’ll get perspective on big picture issues to complement the tactics you use daily.