Regroup were in attendance at the Think Digital event at Google’s European HQ in Dublin last month.
It was a fascinating event, with a number of key takeouts that we thought worth sharing, namely:
- YouTube – Google understandably are banging the YouTube drum currently – the World’s second biggest search engine and social media channel (after the un-named one!).
- The advertising models to reach the YouTube audience are becoming ever more sophisticated and impressive. TrueView ads format is a key focus.
- We found it very interesting how Google reaffirmed the importance of YouTube as a key channel to drive brand search volumes.
- Google+ – Is clearly not going away, despite some commentators suggesting otherwise.
- Google+ is still very much in its’ infancy, but image resolution and hangout are key features being pushed, to eat into the Facebook market share.
- Mobile – One of the opening statements at the event is that mobile and tablet internet usage will overtake desktop by this time next year. A bold statement, and believable too. But highlighted in our mind, how ill-equipped many companies and brands are for the impending dominance of mobile.
All in all a great event, so thank you Google. The Peter Hinnsen presentation was worth the trip alone.
Click here for more information on Google Think Digital :-http://think.events-google.com/